Sunday, February 21, 2010

New work - Natura Viva 2010

This new series comes out of my explorations laser decals. In response to losing my source of digital decals, I thought it would be wise to see what I could do with laser decals. I spent more time working in front of the computer and on paper than on the plates themselves. I scanned images, cut and collaged them, scanned them and printed on the laser decal paper. These decals were fired to cone 2. The brownish red color comes from oxides in the ink of the decals. Then I applied vintage decals (I find them on ebay) and gold luster then fired the plates one more time at cone 018. The plates are porcelain commercial blanks I purchased from a china supply company. They afforded me the surface and opportunity to develop this new imagery and experiment with the decals.


No comments:

Post a Comment